You’d be surprised how many people search the phrase “how to cover up a murder” or something similar … we’ve seen these phrases pop up from time to time on Brainz. But quite honestly, we didn’t have an article to help those desperate souls. However, after doing a little look around, we now have the answer thanks to the site Top Criminal Justice Schools.
Thankfully, they’ve done this as a tongue in cheek joke, as an ode to the show Dexter. But still, it makes you wonder… why do so many people search this on Google?
From: Top Criminal Justice Schools
According to this graphic, here’s what you need to take care of to cover up a murder:
1. Do not leave ANY DNA behind.
2. Choose someone who has no clear relationship to you
3. Choose the location wisely
4. Choose a crime that minimizes traces
5. Hide the weapon or use no weapon at all
6. Timing: early mornings before most people are awake
7. Be prepared. Use cash. Have gloves.
8. Buy tools at least 1 month in advance. Preferably 12 months.
9. Have a reliable alibi lined up
10. Plan your getaway