- Caffeine – Central nervous system stimulant that provides many athletic benefits like increased endurance, strength, power and speed as well as lower pain perception.
- L-Citrulline – A non-essential amino acid that increases blood flow, improves muscle function and lowers muscular fatigue.
- Creatine Monohydrate – A compound made up of three amino acids which helps with rapid energy regeneration during exercise and increases hypertrophy and strength gains from resistance exercise.
- Beta Alanine – A non-essential amino acid that reduces fatigue and improves exercise capacity.
- L-Tyrosine – Amino acid used to produce neurotransmitters which improves mood and attention
- Alpha GPC / Choline – Allows for the synthesis of acetylcholine which increases focus and attention.
- Taurine – Amino acid with anti-inflammatory properties which enhances cardiovascular endurance.
- Beet Root Extract – Nitrate that serves as a nitric oxide booster, improving blood flow and delaying fatigue.
- Red Spinach Extract – Dietary nitrate that increases muscular performance and power output.
- L-Theanine – Amino acid that improves mood and works synergistically with caffeine.
- Betaine Anhydrous – Compound found in beet root that reduces fat and increases strength and power
- BCAAs – Branched chain amino acids l-leucine, l-isoleucine and l-valine. They help prevent muscle breakdown while working out and facilitate muscular repair.
- Carbohydrates – A macronutrient that helps restore muscle glycogen stores. Best taken intra-workout.
- L-Glutamine – Amino acid that may reduce soreness and increase recovery.
- B Vitamins – B3, B6, B9 and B12 all support various cellular energy and repair systems.
- Sodium – An electrolyte that supports muscular contraction and hydration
- Potassium – Electrolyte that supports the nervous system, muscle contractions and water balance
- Carnitine – Amino acid that may help the body use fat for energy and also improve work output.
- Huperzine -A – Helps reduce the breakdown of acetylcholine, thereby extending your ability to focus throughout a workout.
- Agmatine Sulfate – May improve blood flow and provide bigger pumps by relaxing the blood vessels although the science is mixed on this one.
- Glycerol – Helps with muscular hydration and creates the sensation of massive pumps although the primary benefit is in keeping the muscles hydrated for more endurance.
- ElevATP – Combination of ancient peat and apple polyphenols which increases endogenous ATP thereby increasing strength and power.
Check out our rankings of the Best Pre-Workout Supplements on Amazon and the Best Pre-Workout Supplements with Nootropics!
Related Brainz Content: